Friday, 29 July 2011

Atelka Sucks - Tell us Your Horror Stories

My wife and I recently had the misfortune of working for one of the most incompetently and illegally run call centers in the world in our opinion, Atelka.  Over the course of the next few months, we will be posting detailed examples of our experience with Atelka, which range from not getting paid on time on numerous occasions to the fact that we paid for health benefits and although our payments were deducted from our pay (when we got paid) but we were unable to use our benefits to pay for drugs, because Atelka had not registered us with the insurance company.  This was corrected after we complained, but it makes us wonder how many employees never make a claim and if not, does Atelka simply pocket the money until they do, or maybe never register the employee with the insurance company unless the employee  makes a claim and Atelka pockets all of the money?  Insurance by the way is manditory at Atelka, so they take the deductions from pay checks, but do not necessecarily register employees for the insurance unless prompted to in our experience.  Makes one wonder!  Mmmmm, with hundreds of unfortunate people employed by these rip-off artists, I wonder how much money the pocket as a result of these "oversights"?

As I mentioned earlier, this is just the first in a very long line of horror stories I will be sharing with you about our experiences as Atelka employees.  Please feel free to post your own if you have any as this is an open forum BLOG and you are free to speak your mind. 

2 comments:

  1. When will you follow up my friend ? Are you still working for this HORRIBLE company ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm a bit late to the party here. I worked for Atelka in Saint John from 2009-2010,a period of only six months. Pushed out onto the floor after only six weeks of training and found myself in hell shortly thereafter. I was *horrifyingly* incompetent not only due to the rushed training but poor support from staff when I asked for it. Forced to do entry level tech support,something that was *not* in my job description.

    One time I was doing a call and screwed up royally by changing a phone number (which the customer did not ask for). Staff member was sitting there *right beside me* listening to me and did not offer *a single shred of assistance the entire time*. There were days when we had *no* breaks inbetween calls. I was-mercifully-let go in 2010 due to failed training for an incoming client (which I don't see how I failed when the answers for the training exam were *right there on the screen*). The experience has left a sour taste in my mouth ever since to a point where I don't think I could ever go back to the call centre industry for all that I went through. Maybe I'm being dramatic,but that's how I feel.

    ReplyDelete